Table of Contents
- 3The wood and the size of the dolls house
- 4Steps 1 to 3. The eave soffit, the frieze board and preparing for the roof
- 5Step 4. Cutting the roof pieces
- 6Step 5. Putting the roof together
- 7Step 6. Fitting the dormer front wall
- 8Steps 7 to 8: Cutting the wall, floor and door pieces and cutting the arched internal doorways
- 9Steps 9 to 10 Fixing the vertical side strips and assembling the walls, floors and doors
- 10Step 10 continued... Assembling the walls, floors, and doors
- 11Step 11. Making the spiral staircase
- 12Step 12. A bit of paint and that's that
Step 5. Putting the roof together
Once all the A special type of tempered hardboard with a fine, smooth finish. MDF is used in cabinet making. roof pieces have been cut, apply glue to all the edges and position them in place on the The part of the roof which extends beyond the exterior side wall. The projecting lower edge of a roof where the gutters are located. The eaves are made up of both the soffit (covering for underside of an overhang) and the fascia (A horizontal trim fixed to the ends of the roof rafters). (the picture frame) and lean them against each other.
The temporary holding strips of Timber, lumber. The hard fibrous lignified substance under the bark of trees that have been fixed to the sides of the eaves (as in Step 3) will hold the bottom of the MDF roof pieces in place, and by leaning the pieces in towards the center and propping them against one another, the roof will take shape automatically. The sequence of pictures below shows the order of placement, which is as follows:
Picture 1: The front and back pieces [piece 1a] and [piece 1b] glued, placed, and propped against each other.
Picture 2: The side pieces [pieces 2] glued, placed, and propped against the front and back pieces.
Picture 3: The dormer pieces [pieces 3] glued, placed, and propped against the front piece and against each other.
Picture 4: The insides of the dormer being trimmed in readiness for the dormer front wall.