Table of Contents
- 1Introduction and about the wood sizes
- 2Required wood and alternative sizes
- 3Cutting list and hardware requirements
- 4Footprint Plan
- 5Front and rear wall-frame plans
- 6Front elevation plan
- 7Rear elevation plan
- 8Left-side elevation plan
- 9Right-side elevation plan
- 10Floor plan
- 11A pictorial walk through the building process
- 12Let's begin! Instructions step 1
- 13Instructions steps 2 to 4
- 14Instructions steps 5 to 8
- 15Instructions steps 9 to 11
- 16Instructions steps 12 to 13
- 17Counterbalance for the trapdoor
- 18Guide to adding a slide
Instructions steps 9 to 11
Step 9. Finishing the roof
Now fix the roof boards to the other side of the roof.
So to re-cap…
1). Fix the roof boards to one side of the roof only (see step 8).
2). Insert the middle rafters (see step 8).
3). Fix the roof boards to the other side.
Step 10. Adding the ladder
Bolt the ladder upright in place and then the ladder rungs.
Refer to the ‘rear elevation plan’ on page 7, and the ‘left-side elevation plan’ on page 8 for dimensions.
The final diagonal brace can now be nailed in place.
Step 11. Finishing the side walls
Fix the 150mm x 25mm x 900mm long (1″ x 6″ x 36″ long ) vertical wall cladding boards to the two sides.
Fix longer boards to each side of the plywood climbing wall.
Ensure that the top of the side cladding is the same height as that of the cladding on the rear wall.