Table of Contents
Introduction and Any of the framing wood. requirements
This A shelter of vines or branches or of latticework covered with climbing shrubs or vines. A walk through Garden structure that can support plants and generally complements the landscape. is a solid construction with 100×100 (4×4) posts concreted into the ground, 100×50 (2×4) rafters, 50×50 (2×2) roof frame members and 50×50 (2×2) laths.
The overall height is approximately 2600mm (104″) although that can be changed to suit, and the footprint is 1100mm (44″) x 700mm (28″).
The pitch (angle, See fall.) of the rafters (off Parallel to the horizon, flat, level.) is 45°.
That is: a rise of 1 in 1 (or 1/1), which means that the rafters rise 1 unit of measurement for every 1 unit of measurement along the horizontal A flat surface extending infinitely in all directions (e.g. horizontal or vertical plane). Any flat, two-dimensional surface. (run).
In the United States the pitch is given in inches, with the run (horizontal plane) being 12 inches and the rise being a ratio of that. The slope of the rafters would be given as 12″ of rise over 12″ of run, which is still the same thing as a rise of 1 in 1 or 45°.
Note: This arbor has a relatively steep top. If you prefer an arbor that doesn’t have such a steep top, there is a similar arbor plan with a 18.4° pitch which is a rise of 1 in 3. To see click here.
Use lumber suitable for exterior use. Either smooth (Surfaced; planed; smooth; even surface; gauged., See Dressed.) or rough Timber, lumber. The hard fibrous lignified substance under the bark of trees can be used according to your own personal preference.
You will need….
- 4 of: 100mm x 100mm (4″x4″) posts 2400mm (8ft) long.
- 2 of: 100mm x 100mm (4″x4″) beams 1000mm (40″) long.
- 2 of: 100mm x 100mm (4″x4″) blocks 500mm (20″) long.
- 6 of: 100mm x 50m (2″x4″) rafters 1100mm (44″) long.
- 3 of: 50mm x 50mm (2″x2″) horizontal roof members 1100mm (44″) long.
- 6 of: 50mm x 50mm (2″x2″) diagonal roof members 350mm (14″) long.
- 3 of: 50mm x 50mm (2″x2″) Plumb, upright. roof members 500mm (20″) long.
- 18 of: 50mm x 50mm (2″x2″) laths 1000mm (40″) long.
- 16.5m (55ft) of 25mm x 25mm (1″x1″) square The part of the plywood wall panels that overlaps the door and window frame, and protrudes into the door or window area and covers any gaps between the door/window and the surrounding frame. It acts as a stop for the door and also stops the rain getting in. to hold the Framework consisting of an ornamental design made of strips of wood or metal. A framework of crossed wood or metal strips. A sheet that forms a distinct flat and rectangular section or component. A transparent panel used to fill a framed section of a window. in.
- 2 lattice panels approximately 1550mm x 500mm (62″x20″).