Step 1.6. continued
So far we had cut the head side-covers to shape and bent the trim, but we had yet to fix the trim onto the side-covers.
I made a pretty good copy of the K2 crown and made a full-size pattern in a printable file so I could print out a copy anytime I liked and (using carbon paper) trace the pattern onto the plywood side covers.
By clicking on the crown image you will get a full-size image that can be saved to your computer.
Angela marked where the trim pieces were to go on a side-cover.
This was to ensure that the crown would fit between the trim rather than overlapping it.
She then printed out a full-size drawing of the crown, and (using carbon paper) traced the pattern onto the plywood side-cover.
Ditto with the other three side-covers.
Once marked, the head side-covers were fixed securely on a work platform and using a router, the K2 crown pattern was cut out.
This was fairly slow work because of all the nooks and crannies in the pattern.