Table of Contents
- 1Introduction & description
- 2Shopping list
- 3Part identification - Schematics
- 4The plans
- 5The individual pieces
- 6Step 1. Mark and cut the pieces
- 7The angles pattern
- 8Step 2. The round cuts
- 9Step 3. The bolt holes
- 10Step 4. Make up the back seat side-frames
- 11Step 5. Make up the front legs
- 12Step 6. Join the table rails to the leg extensions
- 13Step 7. Assemble the side-frames
- 14Step 8. See if it works
- 15Step 9. Prepare for the seat boards
- 16Step 10. Add the seat boards
- 17Step 11. Add the tabletop boards
- 18Step 12. Keeping the tabletop boards even
- 19Step 13. Add the backrest stop
- 20Step 14. Stop the table from spreading
- 21Step 15. Add the seat braces
- 22Step 16. Well done
- 23Appendix 1: Changing stock size and/or table length
- 24Appendix 2: The backrest clip-on
Step 4. Make up the back seat side-frames
Make up the two back seat side-frames.
Assemble both back seat side-frames as shown in the photo and as per plan below.
Fix horizontal pieces [d] and [e] to pieces [b] and [c] with screws and exterior wood glue. Use 2 screws per meeting. Pre-drill the screw holes through the horizontal pieces.
The frames must mirror one another as shown in the picture. Take note (from the picture) of which side (of piece [e]) the starter hole is on.
Ensure that the bottoms of pieces [b] and [c] and the horizontal pieces [d] and [e] are parallel.