Table of Contents
- 1Introduction & description
- 2Shopping list
- 3Part identification - Schematics
- 4The plans
- 5The individual pieces
- 6Step 1. Mark and cut the pieces
- 7The angles pattern
- 8Step 2. The round cuts
- 9Step 3. The bolt holes
- 10Step 4. Make up the back seat side-frames
- 11Step 5. Make up the front legs
- 12Step 6. Join the table rails to the leg extensions
- 13Step 7. Assemble the side-frames
- 14Step 8. See if it works
- 15Step 9. Prepare for the seat boards
- 16Step 10. Add the seat boards
- 17Step 11. Add the tabletop boards
- 18Step 12. Keeping the tabletop boards even
- 19Step 13. Add the backrest stop
- 20Step 14. Stop the table from spreading
- 21Step 15. Add the seat braces
- 22Step 16. Well done
- 23Appendix 1: Changing stock size and/or table length
- 24Appendix 2: The backrest clip-on
Step 11. Add the tabletop boards
Refer to the drawing above and add the tabletop boards as follows:
1. To secure with nails or screws. A piece of sawn, or dressed lumber of greater width than thickness. Usually 19mm (3/4") to 38mm (1 1/2") thick and 75mm (3") or more wide. no.1 and board no.5. Make the overhang at each end equal.
Board no.1 starts Being even with. with the end of piece (g). It can be glued and screwed in place.
Board no.5 is temporary, just to keep the tabletop rails (g) Being of equal distance from each other at all points.. Screw but do not glue.
2. Fix (with glue and screws) boards no. 2 and 3. Then take off board no. 5.
3. Whoa, hold it there. Time to fasten the tabletop boards in the middle to The part of the plywood wall panels that overlaps the door and window frame, and protrudes into the door or window area and covers any gaps between the door/window and the surrounding frame. It acts as a stop for the door and also stops the rain getting in. possible wrapping which could make for an uneven tabletop. Read the next step ‘Step 12. Keeping the tabletop boards even’. Apply that method to the three tabletop boards already fixed in place, and then add boards no. 4 and 5 securing in the same manner, as you go.
Leave the unit in that position, with the clamps still on, until the backrest stops have been fixed in place as explained in step 13.
Later, once the unit is in picnic table mode (towards the finish), you can fasten the middle of the seat boards in the same manner as you fastened the tabletop boards.