Table of Contents
- 1Introduction & description
- 2Shopping list
- 3Part identification - Schematics
- 4The plans
- 5The individual pieces
- 6Step 1. Mark and cut the pieces
- 7The angles pattern
- 8Step 2. The round cuts
- 9Step 3. The bolt holes
- 10Step 4. Make up the back seat side-frames
- 11Step 5. Make up the front legs
- 12Step 6. Join the table rails to the leg extensions
- 13Step 7. Assemble the side-frames
- 14Step 8. See if it works
- 15Step 9. Prepare for the seat boards
- 16Step 10. Add the seat boards
- 17Step 11. Add the tabletop boards
- 18Step 12. Keeping the tabletop boards even
- 19Step 13. Add the backrest stop
- 20Step 14. Stop the table from spreading
- 21Step 15. Add the seat braces
- 22Step 16. Well done
- 23Appendix 1: Changing stock size and/or table length
- 24Appendix 2: The backrest clip-on
Appendix 2: The backrest clip-on
A backrest clip-on if you want to make the backrest a bit higher for comfort or looks.
You will need:
• 1 piece of 2×6 (50mm x 150mm) that is 60″ (1524mm) long.
• 4 pieces of 2×4 (50mm x 100mm) that are 10″ (254mm) long.
• A dozen 3″ (75mm) screws and a bit of glue.
Make the clip-on up according to the following plans and pop it on top of the backrest when the picnic table is in bench seat mode.