Table of Contents
- 2The plans, part identification, & cutting detail
- 310 degree angle pattern
- 470 degree angle pattern
- 5Wood sizes and measurements
- 6Materials and tools you will need
- 7Cut all the pieces
- 8Assemble the side frames
- 9Side frames and back slats
- 10Back slats and seat slats
- 11Seat slats and arm-rests
- 12Bolts and strengthener
Seat slats and arm-rests
Step 11. Add the intermediate slats
Once the ‘cut-back’ slats have been fixed between the legs. Then add the rest of the intermediate seat-slats.
Step 12. Prepare the armrests
The ends of the armrests (f) need to be cut to fit around the back-rest support (d).
This can be done with a handsaw. Cut out the rebate using the drawing below as a guide. Then coat the cut-out area with preservative (if applicable).
Step 13. Fit the armrests
Fix the two armrests (f) in place.
Glue and screw them to the top of the back and front legs and also into the side of the vertical backrest support (d).
Almost finished. Just a bit of strengthening and bolting to go.