Table of Contents
- 2About the measurements, wood sizes
- 3The materials (shopping) list
- 4The materials (shopping) list continued
- 5The cutting list
- 6Cut, shape, and drill the pieces
- 7 Plans, the individual frame pieces
- 8Make up the smaller side frames
- 9Fix the seat support pieces to the long legs
- 10Assemble the side frames
- 11Prepare the frames for seat and tabletop
- 12Make the seat and tabletop panels
- 13Fix and seats and tabletop
- 14Adjust the backstops and fix the bracing
- 15Plans - the armrest
- 16Make and fit the armrest frames
- 17Make and fit the armrest pads
- 18Make the umbrella hole and more photos
Make and fit the armrest frames
Make up the two armrest frames.
Join pieces [l] and [m] together with glue and screws, forming two ‘V’ shaped frames.
Ensure one is a mirror image of the other.
Refer to the picture.
Next fix the armrest frames to the longer legs [f].
Refer to the plans on the previous page for positioning, and the pictures below for visual guidance.
Before fixing the armrests, ensure that the spread of the table is correct. The overall spread (longest point at the bottom, front legs to back legs) should be 1267 mm (50 11/16″).
Also, the seats and table top should be on the same plane (level).
Notice (in the photo below) that the horizontal frame piece [l] is positioned directly under the tabletop support member [i] and the end is positioned up to pencil line (x). That is the pencil line we made in Step 12., when the unit was in ‘seat’ mode.