Table of Contents
- 2About the measurements, wood sizes
- 3The materials (shopping) list
- 4The materials (shopping) list continued
- 5The cutting list
- 6Cut, shape, and drill the pieces
- 7 Plans, the individual frame pieces
- 8Make up the smaller side frames
- 9Fix the seat support pieces to the long legs
- 10Assemble the side frames
- 11Prepare the frames for seat and tabletop
- 12Make the seat and tabletop panels
- 13Fix and seats and tabletop
- 14Adjust the backstops and fix the bracing
- 15Plans - the armrest
- 16Make and fit the armrest frames
- 17Make and fit the armrest pads
- 18Make the umbrella hole and more photos
Cut, shape, and drill the pieces
Step 2. Shape and drill the frame members
Shape the frame members [a] to [m], as per plan drawings below and on the following page.
Drill 10 mm (3/8″) diameter holes in pieces [d], [f], [i], and [j] with 20 mm (3/4″) starter holes to house the bolt heads and the nuts. Refer to the plan drawings below and on the following page for placement.
The drilling procedure: First drill a 3 mm (1/8″) pilot hole all the way through the wood, then a 20 mm (3/4″) starter hole where required, and then a 10 mm (3/8″) diameter hole all the way through.
Make the starter holes deep enough to house the bolt heads and the nuts.
Use a drill-press to ensure best accuracy with the depth of the starter holes.
Pay special attention to the drawings, plans, and photos, to see what side of the wood the starter holes go on.